Today's the first day of autumn, which means one thing: fun fall flavors! While we live for Tahoe summers, fall's crisp morning air and yellow leaves signifies that ski season is just around the corner, so we're not too bummed about that either.
To celebrate the first day of fall, we developed a specialty latte with butter, honey, and plenty of cinnamon. We call it the Cobbler Latte. If you have an at-home espresso maker and Coffee Shop Espresso on hand, this is a drink you can easily make at home with ingredients found in your pantry. Perfect to impress friends at an upcoming fall gathering or just to improve your morning hygge game, we guarantee this drink will be your new go-to.
If you end up making it, make sure to tag us on Instagram @drinkcoffee_dostuff so we can see. And stay tuned for our new fall drink menu dropping at our Incline cafe very soon!
Cobbler Latte Recipe
- Coffee Shop Espresso
- Your milk preference
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, plus a pinch to sprinkle on top
- A few pinches of white cane sugar
- Optional: cinnamon stick for garnish
How to make:
- First, you'll make the cobbler base. Combine butter, honey and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a cup. Microwave contents on high for 30 seconds. Stir to combine until you've achieved a syrupy texture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine a few pinches of sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Stir until blended, and set aside.
- Pull your espresso shot. If you're not sure where to start, try 20 grams in, pull for 28 seconds, 34 grams out.
- Steam your milk to a latte consistency with velvety foam.
- Pour the espresso in your favorite 12oz latte cup. Add 2 tablespoons of the cobbler mixture on top. Stir gently to combine.
- Slowly pour the steamed milk and see if you can make some art.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top, and add a cinnamon stick for garnish.